This will be a fast-paced role for someone who loves meeting new people. You will work to develop relationships with career offices and college campuses, represent Impact America at campus-based events, and screen and interview potential AmeriCorps members. Work can be conducted remotely (from a major Southeastern city), with up to 75% of time spent traveling to regional areas for recruitment purposes
Summary of Program: Impact America activates recent college graduates to address consequences of
poverty through health, economic, and education-based initiatives – creating lasting impact in local
communities. In order for our communities and institutions to thrive, we desperately need the talent,
vitality, and perspective that this generation can bring. In fact, this generation of college students and
recent graduates is among the most charitable in American history, with many yearning for an
opportunity to make a real difference in communities of need. Impact America provides that
opportunity through distinct initiatives, in partnership with AmeriCorps, promoting change while
cultivating leadership. Impact America programs are:
● FocusFirst, a high-tech vision care initiative serving young children in urban and rural areas
● SaveFirst, a free tax preparation initiative serving low-income, working families
● SpeakFirst, a debate and college preparatory program for high-school students in Birmingham
Summary of Position: The Recruitment Manager oversees AmeriCorps member recruitment activities for
the organization and works closely with the AmeriCorps team to ensure engagement of high quality
members to support Impact’s mission. The Recruitment Manager works with other members of the
AmeriCorps team to coordinate the process of recruiting AmeriCorps Members for Impact America in all
states we serve, including developing relationships with career offices and college campuses,
representing Impact America at campus-based events, and screening and interviewing potential
AmeriCorps members. Work can be conducted remotely, with up to 75% of time spent traveling to
regional areas for recruitment purposes.
● Actively researches and incorporates new recruitment strategies.
● Works to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual recruitment goals based on organizational
needs and funding.
● Collaborates with Director of AmeriCorps & Member Development to adhere to the recruitment
● Works closely with Regional Directors to ensure consistent recruiting efforts at all locations.
● Assists in preparing consistent and effective marketing strategies and materials.
● Assesses the needs of the recruitment office and communicates these needs to the AmeriCorps
● Prepares and trains others to assist with recruitment efforts, when needed.
● Develops recruiting calendar, goals, and strategies to increase the profile of Impact America on
targeted college campuses in the Southeast and across the country.
● Identifies and strengthens college/career center partnerships to raise Impact America’s profile at
● Schedules and conducts information sessions about Impact America at area colleges and
● Communicates with service-learning faculty across the country to provide information about the
● Identifies and reaches out to student leaders of honors organizations and clubs.
● Represents Impact America at career fairs, on-campus recruitment events, and tabling at student
● Collaborates with the media team to update recruitment materials and research and implement
best practices in social media engagement for recruitment purposes.
● Receives and screens applications from interested applicants.
● Conducts interviews with incoming applicants.
● Communicates with incoming members as they go through the enrollment process.
● Coordinates posting the AmeriCorps member opportunity on college websites, Handshake,
Symplicity, and other job boards.
● Elevates the overall brand recognition and awareness of Impact America and the AmeriCorps
● Engages staff in the recruitment process and ensures that recruitment is an organization-wide
● Assists with events and plans to contribute to the overall culture of the organization.
Salary Range: $36,000-44,000
Reports to: Director of AmeriCorps & Member Development
Location: Birmingham, AL preferred; however, a candidate who is based in a large Southeastern city (i.e.
Huntsville, AL; Atlanta, GA; Chattanooga, TN; Nashville, TN, etc) is also feasible in order to facilitate
● Dedication to equitable recruitment strategies and practices, required
● Previous recruitment experience, strongly preferred
● Enthusiastic personality
● Engaging speaker both in-person and in a virtual setting
● Positive attitude
● Demonstrated ability to collaborate
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated leadership qualities
● Strong organizational skills and ability to balance competing deadlines
● Experience with marketing, sales, social media, or AmeriCorps is a plus
● Demonstrated commitment to equity and social justice and sensitivity to cultural differences
Physical Requirements/Essential Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an applicant to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time and repeat the same movements, such as typing,
with or without assistance.
● Must have the ability to understand the speech of another person, verbally communicate clearly
so listeners can understand, see details of objects that are less than a few feet away, and follow
both verbal and written instructions.
● Ability to understand the speech of another person, verbally communicate clearly so listeners
● Large portions of time spent looking directly at a computer.
● This position will require remote work. If an applicant lives near one of our regional offices, the
applicant has the option to have in-office time.
● Regional travel to recruitment events will be necessary. Up to 75% of time will be spent traveling
throughout the Southeast during recruitment busy seasons. Work outside of normal office hours
may be required, especially during recruitment busy season
● Submit Resume and Cover Letter to Sydney McHugh, Executive Assistant, at